Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tom and Bob Watch The Season 5 Finale of True Blood






***
  
I have a love hate relationship with True Blood.  I hate it because it's a crappy soap opera, and will she/won't she be with the one man/vampire/werewolf who loves her?  I so don't give a good god damn.  But, I love monsters fighting monsters, and for a crappy romance with vampires show, it's amazingly brutal and gory, which appeals to the 8 year old in me who grew up watching Ultraman, Godzilla movies, and anything with supernatural creatures doing crazy shit.  And that's what this show is; supernatural creatures doing crazy shit.  Of course, I'm no longer 8, so the adult in me can find a great appreciation for the overt sexiness of some of the female vampires doing crazy shit.  But, I really don't care who Sookie falls in love with...or that her name is Sookie...  Since the 6th season of True Blood starts in a week, I figured I would fast track this episode of T&B to coincide with it, and establish Tom's unholy love for the show.

Even beyond the monsters fighting monsters thing, the show's greatest asset is that True Blood is an acceptable, even ofttimes enjoyable, show during the time of the year when all the shows I REALLY like just finished their season and are in hiatus, or don't start until the Fall.  Tom, on the other hand, is a little too emotionally invested in Sookie's tumultuous love life.  I can't blame him for it, because it is funny to see.  Tom's love for the show, not Sookie's love life.  

Flagelliform, for those who may be confused, is a special kind of silk that spiders throw out like a whip, hence the word coming from the Latin flagellum meaning "whip".  It's secondary purpose is for procreation, a purpose that I use to explain Bob's disgusting predilections.  I'll go ahead and let that sink in while you put two and two together...

Enjoy. And as always, sweet dreams.

Carlos Diaz
June 11th, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment